Saturday, March 6, 2010

Clearing Up a Mistake: Chocolate Chips Muffins



This was actually not on my "to-bake" list. However while I was making the Shiroi Koibito the week before, I accidentally mixed the flour and sugar together! Thus, I can only think of using it to make muffins.
After the ultra-sweet and chocolaty double chocolate muffins 2 weeks ago, I decided to try the joyofbaking.com chocolate chips muffins recipe. The recipes on this website are fast becoming my favourite due to its detailed explanation. I halved the recipe and omitted the cinnamon topping.



I think they look pretty good despite the flying saucer top. I suspect it's my oven temperature.

The muffins were still too sweet. My family members and I do not have sweet tooth, so I need to cut down on the sugar or maybe add some nuts. I will definitely try this recipe again.

Ingredients (makes 10 small muffins):
60 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
120 ml milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
130 g all-purpose flour
75 g caster sugar (can be reduced further)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
90 g semisweet chocolate chips

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 190 deg C.
  2. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, salt and chocolate chips.
  3. Whisk egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract in a bowl.
  4. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not over stir.
  5. Spoon batter into paper muffin cups until 2/3 full.
  6. Bake for 20 mins or until skewer inserted into centre of muffin comes out clean.
  7. Cool on wire rack.
Adapted from Joyofbaking's Chocolate Chip Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment