Monday, August 9, 2010

Star Buns



It's an off-day for everyone today because it's national day here in Singapore, which means I have a full day for baking today! I had wanted to make tang zhong buns today but I realised I ran out of milk, so I changed to using another recipe. This recipe is just like any normal bread recipe.



So far, I haven't had much success with bread making. My bread always turns out dry and hard, and I'm guessing it's because I've under knead it. Somehow, I can never get the dough to pass the window pane stage. This time round, I kneaded the dough for 1 hour, but I still can't get it to pass the membrane test. I let it to proof nonetheless. I left out the egg wash and I wondered if that was why the buns did not turn brown.



Overall, the buns are not good. Hard and dry, as usual. I guess I'm staying away from bread making for quite some time from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment