Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bailey's Chocolate Cake



Buying alcohol from the airport's DFS seems to be common practise among travellers and that's how my home's stash of alcohol comes from, courtesy of my sister. She has became a wine-lover recently and is always keen to buy different kinds of wine and alcoholic drinks whenever she has a chance to shop at DFS. This also explains the origin of this bottle of Bailey's Irish cream.



I have never liked Bailey's on its own, so I was counting on my sister to finish the whole bottle on her own. Apparently, she isn't a fan too, to the point of asking me to incorporate Bailey's into my baking projects. Other than using it for tiramisu, I really have no idea what I can do with this almost-full bottle of Baileys. I was quite glad to see a recipe of Irish cream chocolate cake that uses a substantial amount of Baileys. Perhaps a good chance to use up a little more of the unwanted liquor.



The cake was easy to prepare, but the outcome was not what I had expected. It's dense and heavy, almost "kueh-like". I still prefer the crumbly classic chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment