Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back to Basics: Chocolate Chip Muffins



After a long hiatus, I'm finally back in my kitchen. I have lost all confidence to try new baking projects after such a long break. Thus, I decided to bake something simple: muffins.



I chose the first recipe in my recipe booklet: chocolate chip muffins using the simple muffin method. Place the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another and just mix.



And the most challenging part is to fill the cups without making a mess.



The muffins turned out to be a nice brown colour, but somehow the taste is different from the previous attempts. I guess I have just lost touch with baking. Perhaps it's time to start all over again.

It's been a busy transition period for me: thesis writing, job hunting, thesis submission, finishing the unfinished tasks in the lab, go on a cruise and finally starting my new job. It's the second week into my new job and I have to admit I am struggling to adapt to the new environment and job scope. After 4 years in a research lab, I'm like an alien in the corporate world. Nevertheless, I hope I made the right choice in choosing something away from my comfort zone, before I get too old to adapt to anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment